Positions available for the 2013-2014 school year
School Counselor- 2.5 FTE
Fayerweather is seeking a 1/2 time school counselor who will contribute to all aspects of creating and supporting an atmosphere of emotional wellness among students. The counselor will work in conjunction with others in carrying out a comprehensive PreK-8 “Growth Education” program that is already well established and appreciated within the school community.
- Support faculty in their roles as advisers and teachers
- Meet with teachers regarding issues concerning students
- Meet with parents and participate in parent conferences, as needed
- Facilitate student peer support groups on diverse family structures, divorce, grief and loss, etc. when necessary
- Maintain a current and accurate referral database of mental health service providers; connect parents with outside therapeutic referrals as needed; and coordinate with outside providers working with students
- Maintain accurate clinical notes regarding students
- Provide crisis management support
- Provide parental support and guidance related to child development as needed, especially around adolescent issues.
- Work with faculty to provide on-going Parent Education
- Strong clinical skills with preK-8th-grade students
- Degree in social work or clinical mental health counseling
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and parents
- Knowledgeable about the implications of social media & technology
- Familiarity with a wide range of learning styles, LD experience and knowledge of IEPs a plus
Candidates should be familiar with the values and teaching methods associated with progressive education and anti-bias work. Fayerweather values diversity in all aspects of school life and candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We are always accepting applications for substitute teachers.
Please contact Suzanne Atkins, Assistant Head, for substitute positions.